Arguably the best fruitcake in the world, the baker monks of Assumption Abbey in Missouri have honed their skill to an art form. Perfect holiday fruitcake to bring to a dinner party, family dinner or simply treat whoever you know loves fruitcake.
- These scrumptious fruitcakes are baked slowly and aged under the careful supervision of the Assumption Abbey Monks.
- The Assumption Abbey Fruitcakes are carefully marinated, mixed, baked, packaged and aged right at the monastery.
- And instead of a commercial enterprise, it is a way of life to support the Abbey and the contemplation and study they engage in.
- The Monks gleaned their special recipe from Jean-Pierre Auge, once a chef of the Duke & Duchess of Windsor
- The recipe calls for red and green cherries, currants, pineapple, lemons, oranges, walnuts, pecans, raisins and burgundy wine and to top it off the fabulous taste, it is then injected with 2 oz of rum
Ingredients: Raisins (sulfites added), Pineapple (corn syrup, high fructose corn syrup, citrate acid, potassium sorbate, turmeric) English Walnuts, Eggs, Flour (wheat flour, malted barley flour), Sugar, Brown Sugar, Wine, Cherries – Green (Blue #1, Yellow #5) – Red (Red #40, Butter (salt added) Corn Syrup, Currants, Rum, Orange & Lemon Peel (Inverted Sugar, citric acid, preservatives: 1/10 of 1% sodium benzoate, sorbic acid, sulphur dioxide) Pecans, Whole Milk, Pure Vanilla Extract, Baking Soda, Cinnamon, Mace, Sodium Propionate added as a preservative.
Contains: Eggs, Milk, Wheat & Tree Nuts.
2 lb. fruitcake